The Weekend Tarot Reading — Sunday, April 29, 2012

By Sarah Taylor

Funny how these things happen, isn’t it? On Wednesday last week, in an article on card reversals, I was writing about how the meaning of cards can be modified and crystallised depending on the cards aspecting them — surrounding cards that are in meaningful relationship. The first example I used are the first two cards in today’s Weekend Tarot Reading: the Two of Cups and the Eight of Cups. This is what I wrote about this pairing:

Two of Cups, Eight of Cups, The Sun - RWS Tarot deck.

Two of Cups, Eight of Cups, The Sun from the Rider-Waite Smith Tarot deck. Click on the image for a larger version.

“If there is love present in your life, it might represent a need to walk away from something. That might be permanently, towards something else, or temporarily, because what came to me in this instance was the fact that the figure leaves, but also leaves a ‘space for the Ace’. The Two of Cups is aspected by the Eight of Cups — just as the Eight of Cups is aspected (perhaps mitigated) in return, depending on where they are in a layout.”

I see this reading in terms of a sequence this week, from left to right, guided this way by the figure in the Eight of Cups — the only figure moving in a specific direction. What he is walking away from is the Two of Cups, and what he is walking towards is The Sun. Let’s have a closer look at each card to see if we can get some context.

The Two of Cups is traditionally the ‘romantic love’ card. I refer to it as such to differentiate it from the other forms of love that we experience in some of the other tarot cards, and in life itself. Two of Cups love is specific: it is the love between a couple; it is about falling in love. When the potential of the Ace is realised here on Earth, it becomes the Two.

Sarah Taylor

About Sarah Taylor

Sarah is now taking applications for her online tarot training - a five-week course starting in the fall. Find out more on her website: www.integratedtarot.com/services
This entry was posted in Reading Tarot. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to The Weekend Tarot Reading — Sunday, April 29, 2012

1. P. Sophia P. Sophia says:

Thank you so much Sarah. Your reading, descriptions and interpretation are so beautiful and insightful. And like Vince so relative to what is amazingly transpiring in my like this week. I am so open to the Sun…look out here I come!

2. Katie Vee says:

Just beautiful, Sarah! Thanks so much. Learning lots!

3. Lizzy Huffy says:

Yes, thank you for this wonderful blog, dearest Sarah. And thank you BR for sharing this amazing Ted talk, it really is ‘outstanding’, as you say, and there are so many people I know who will benefit from this (as well as me, of course!). Thank you.

4. Charles says:

That 2 and 8 pair is a good example of the “elevation” I was talking about too. They’re both cups and they’re both even. This bonds the cards in a way that makes them stronger (same suit) and more stable (both even). So this card makes a strong association between moving on, and finding new love. Our feelings towards our situation are very strong. Perhaps we need to deeply contact our feelings about the past in order to see where we are going.

5. vince says:

Well … if this isn’t what exactly just transpired this week … I must be on the pollen path.

6. PetitHibou72 PetitHibou72 says:

A too quick response as I am cooking at the stove, but have to say: More gales of mad laughter here as I am washed up in another of your tides of happy synchronicity. Your work never fails to realign me with my highest truth, and though it is broadcast generally, it has saved me from many a specific ego/fear/despair pitfall I may be struggling to get out of at any given time. Will be drinking this in all week; thank you so much, amazing woman. Miracles and wonder are things I’ve almost started to take for granted here… You spoil us rotten! xo~owl

7. Sarah Taylor Sarah Taylor says:

Burning River – That was the second referral to that talk that I had today, and I just watched it. It was validating. Thank you, truly.

8. Lea Burning River says:

I continue to find your spreads uncannily uncanny :>). Really. Thank you, dear woman. That leap of faith that you mention at the end of your post reminded me of a TED talk emailed to me yesterday that I find outstanding. The link is http://www.ted.com/talks/brene_brown_on_vulnerability.html.
    ((((all))))

9. Amanda Painter Amanda Painter says:

funny how these things happen, indeed…

oof.