The other day, while I was a bug…

Dandelions at Fort Sumner Park (also known as Top of the World), Portland, Maine. Photo by Amanda Painter.

This entry was posted in Photo of the Day. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The other day, while I was a bug…

Yes Amanda. Up in Hope near Camden. ARe you a professional astrologer?

2. Amanda Painter Amanda Painter says:

i am indeed, DivaCarla. are you?

and yes — many of the dandelions *are* quite tall — though these were not the tallest i photographed that day. it was a *really* good day for photographing dandelions….

What a fun photo. The dandelions are particularly tall in Maine this year! Are you a Mainer, Amanda?

4. susyc says:

An eclipsed Dandelion with its own ring of fluff fire! I didn’t even read Hugging Scorpio’s post first! How fun that you took a picture so symbolic of the annular eclipse!

5. P. Sophia P. Sophia says:

Great shot Amanda! Thanks for sharing… the world looks so safe and peacefully from this perspective. I want to crawl in…

6. shebear13 shebear13 says:

The timing of this post is remarkable. Last night while returning from a picnic in the park where I basked in the energy of the new moon eclipse with a friend, I noticed a beetle wandering on the pavement, looking quite lost and circling its way aimlessly around. My friend and I stopped to cajole and corral it back to the grassy kerb, and I thought myself, gazing down at it, what was it like to view me upwards from down there, and hey, here you answered my thought, Amanda, with this super photo ;-)

How *beautiful* to have life unfold like this.

and hey, little arrowforwhere, so pleased to have pointed you back to your pastures green!

7. Amanda Painter Amanda Painter says:

thanks all!

and arrow — i think i caught a glint of sun off your carapace as i flew by (and thanks — i like my belly, too).

8. arrowforwhere says:

Oh, I saw you! I was a bug that day too: a beatle. I was on that tattered dandelion by the stick. I saw you go by overhead; you may not have seen me. You have a beautiful belly.

9. Hugging Scorpio says:

you’ve captured another 2012 event Amanda! The Dandelion transit of the Tree. Otherwise known as a Deciduous Occultation…

10. Lizzy Huffy says:

Gooorgeous!

11. Sarah Taylor Sarah Taylor says:

Perfect picture, perfect caption :)

12. indranibe says: