In Maine (as in New York, as of 1992), it’s legal for women to expose their breasts anywhere a man can take his shirt off — but it’s “frowned upon,” according to participants in the Breast March for Freedom (my descriptive term). About 50 women walked topless from Longfellow Square to Tommy’s Park on a beautiful spring day, followed by a small mob of supporters, onlookers, tons of photographers and a police escort. It started with an idea and a Facebook page, which apparently went viral on a local level. I didn’t see anyone frowning. I can confirm that the women actually were topless — it wasn’t an illusion created by nude lingerie or anything like that. Stay tuned for a slide show of the event, which I will link from this blog entry when it’s ready. Okay! Thank you Anatoly — here is the gallery.
Search This Blog
ORDER YOUR 2014 WRITTEN + AUDIO ANNUAL READING BY ERIC FRANCIS NOW!
Sign up for Monsanto Watch Environmental Newsletter
Benefits of Membership
Read what Eric Francis has to say about your zodiac sign:
Aries Taurus Gemini Cancer Leo Virgo Libra Scorpio Sagg. Capr. Aquarius Pisces
Become a Planet Waves Site Member
Birthday Readings by Eric Francis
About Eric Francis
- Len Wallick - Grateful for your words Eric. Please pass on my gratitude…
- jere - Damn straight Sag. is tops. Brother is sent out…
- Phyllis Capanna - Beautiful, inspiring tribute. Thank you. Phyllis…
- Penny - So sorry to have lost this great guy. He was…
- Holly Coleman - My boss man Mercury is getting some fire juice! Love…