Ominous Feeling Moon, but Not Really

The Capricorn Moon is making its way toward Pluto, and after completing its sextile to Neptune in Pisces and Mars in Scorpio, will form an exact conjunction to Pluto at 4:22 am EDT (08:22 UTC). Moon-Pluto is the original ominous-feeling aspect, especially in a sign as deep and musky as Capricorn. The Moon continues to make aspects — including a sextile to Chiron, a sextile to Saturn, a square to Uranus, the lunar nodes and Eris, and finally an opposition to to Venus.

Eric Francis

About Eric Francis

Planet Waves began in 1998 as the home of the Eric Francis horoscope, a prominent feature in our premium service. Going far beyond what most Sun-sign astrologers even dream is possible, Eric brings in-depth interpretations to his work. He is a pioneer in the newly-discovered planets, including Chiron and the centaurs, and is able to translate their movements into accessible human terms, offering ideas for life, love and work. Discover a whole new world of literary journalism in Planet Waves. We offer free trial subscriptions, discounts for students and seniors, and gift subscriptions for veterans and those on active military duty.
This entry was posted in Daily Astrology Blog. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Ominous Feeling Moon, but Not Really

Strawberry, thank you. It seems that Leo energy and Mars igniting Scorpio are pulling me towed the surface, though slowly. Have to allow time for decompression after so much time in the deep. When you feel ready, reach out! I’d love to get to know you all over again in you new life!

Happy the kitty came back Strawberry, and know just what you are going through (the cray-cray part for sure). It would seem that we all are being encouraged to dis-engage from what isn’t working now, and to keep our “attachments” (however you read that) to a minimum. I’ve been working on that for 5 years or more and still have a long way to go. Good luck!

3. @DivaCarla, Amy E, thank you both. One of the things I most love about PW is the ability to connect with others’ experiences, and get a feel for what it means to not be alone in the world. I so appreciate all the voices and care this place embodies. Carla, I think back to that phone call with you, when I finally heard my gut saying the way I was living my life was not okay anymore. That conversation with you was a significant piece in my turning. My appreciation & admiration for you are boundless. I hope your journey with the dark is creating lightness within you. My love to you, dear woman. And to this entire community — it definitely gives back what you put into it. And so much more!

4. zenMaven says:

thanks, eric! focusing on surfing this (and the virgo new moon) to finally resolve a stuck and sticky AC, IC, DC situation. multiple sequential transit/natal/progressed hits coming fast ever since jupiter entered leo. with serendipity giving me additional insights on aries point natal chart and draconic chart interpretation, am looking forward to the resolution. and the october eclipses. ^_^

cheers!

Strawberry! What a change! You really did leave it all. Kitty served her purpose and came back to comfort you. Maybe she has transformed and left her old kitty self behind her too.

Best wishes as you create again from the toes up!

6. Amy E says:

So glad your cat is OK, Strawberry. I hope you find peace and happiness in your new life.

Dear me, this article really is evocative. I must have visited all nine hells yesterday (funnily enough, the situation was also triggered by a cat, who is happily quite well). It felt very much like breaking point, and then, as the title above suggests, turned out to be not at all the case.

7. Thank you, Liz :) You are such a sweetheart!

8. Lizzy Lizzy says:

Sounds like a real release, dear Strawberry! Lots of love and hugs to you (((())))

9. So interesting. My cat went missing last night, & my response to it has been so crazily intense, I’m watching myself in amazement. (She showed up this morning, all is well.) It felt like I was losing the only thing I ever loved–which is a little cray-cray. But on another level, she’s all I have left of the life I used to inhabit. In January, I walked out of my marriage, left behind my home, family, friends, career, & a world I understood. So now, it’s me and Baby Kitty, in a rented bedroom in Colorado, starting from scratch. The thought of losing her has unraveled me.

I’ve been avoiding the grief of all this change, but today I’m just going to go with it. Grief is just an emotion, & the one thing I tell my clients is that it’s the stuff we avoid that hurts us. It’s good to be reminded what that feels like, though. Thank the gods for tears, really.

10. Dianae Dianae says:

Facing debts to others. Looking responsibility straight in the eye. Being open to providing service to others. Very realistic dreams!

11. One thing: That was a bucketload full of moody dreams! Wow.
    Another thing: Capricorn as “musky”? That might be the best description I’ve never heard!

12. jparoby jparoby says:

Deepest challenges, indeed.

13. Holly Coleman says:

Here is another interesting twist to the Aquarius full moon. Saturn will square the moon. I believe that would bring seriousness into the equation. Also, I just found out that there was a eclipse in August of 1999 in the same position the moon will be when she’s full. Does any of this have any implication on today?