Feel The Water — Cancer Solstice 2014

When the Sun enters tropical Cancer at 6:51 am EDT Saturday, feel the water. Nearly everything else about the astrology of the Cancer solstice will be available to see. The emblematic water that distinguishes Cancer from the other three cardinal signs (Aries, Libra and Capricorn) will likely not be seen, however. You will need to feel its presence.

Astrology by Len Wallick

Any Cancer solstice is one of the four times during a year when the season changes. You can probably see the day marked by the publisher of your calendar.

You can also see the Cancer solstice in the world. Just as with the other season changes (the Aries equinox of March, the Libra equinox of September, and the Capricorn solstice of December), you can actually see what tropical astrologers express with words and represent with charts and symbols.

By and large, what you will be able to see Saturday has to do with the Sun. No matter where you are, if you are fortunate enough to see the dawn, you will see the Sun rise on the Eastern horizon as far North as it will ever appear. Depending on your longitude (or time zone), that will be about the same time the symbolic Sun crosses the line (or cusp) from Gemini into Cancer. That’s a pretty impressive connection between the literal and and figurative for you take in.

Len Wallick

About Len Wallick

in service
This entry was posted in Astrology with Len Wallick. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Feel The Water — Cancer Solstice 2014

Mia, Bette Loreen, be, jere, liminali, SaraJo (welcome!), and Lunesoleil: Please forgive me having been swept away (in a sense) at the end of last week, and please accept my belated but truly sincere thanks for each of your heartfelt (and felt in my heart) comments. May the water you feel be worthy of the greatness each and all of you are as we cruise slowly south with the Sun.

2. Lunesoleil says:

Thanks Len for your article, here in France it is even not yet noon that the temperature has reached 20 degrees outside to receive this Summer Solstice.

The day is going to be hot

good weekend has you ♡♥☆★★★ :-D

3. SarahJo says:

I’m feeling the water all right, the tears are running down my cheeks as I think of another year half over and the beautiful sunlit days I’ve become accustomed to, since the Spring Solstice, slowly shrinking.

liminali, I’m grateful for your sharing this story here and for making me aware of this delightful publication which I will surely revisit often.

jere . . . . you just put a smile in MY face! Many thanks for that.

5. liminali liminali says:

Interesting that you mention boundries, be. I had just read this article about boundries, and found it both timely and helpful.

Shared this article with a friend who is learning about astrology along with the comment that it was a good example of positive Saturnian energy.

Also in the news at this site, “Kit Carson Park Becomes Red Willow Park” AHO! Mitakuye Oyasin!

6. jere jere says:

“I’m heartened by my own words..”, as it should be, Be! I laughed heartily, thank you! I’ll keep this smile for a bit…

Peace and Love,

Jere

One thing about the Cancer Solstice that could help the present situation(s) is that it’s feeling capacity has a clarity regarding boundary lines, ie. feeling within the family and feeling beyond the family. The Gemini New Moon with its challenge from the Pisces Neptune for almost a month now has left us with a decided lack of definition. Sometimes that can be a good thing and can provide flexibility (negotiability) when needed. But a cardinal sign is a cardinal sign, and lets be clear, cardinal signs are new beginnings.

To look at the chart for this solstice the Sun ironically has no tight aspects. What it does have is divisiveness. Neptune and Pallas are at their half-way mark two years after their conjunction and the start of their new cycle. Mars and Uranus are one year into their new cycle which began in March, 2013, when Uranus was also busy beginning new cycles with Venus and the Sun.

While oppositions can provide fresh perspectives they are still polarizing. All water signs provide a chance to dilute differences, but Cancer has boundary lines and permission is needed to cross them. To do so without permission will incense those who are the permission granters, perhaps not spoken aloud, but felt intensely by all. As the Sun moves forward to the New Moon on June 27th, we might be optimistic that the period of excessive confusion and much drifting across boundary lines will cease and desist.

With the U.S.A. being a country with a Cancerian Sun and a big heart (natal Sun conjunct natal Jupiter conjunct natal Venus) as well as being a big land, clarification of boundaries and how they may be crossed without angst for those within the family and without the family might be resolved. The Cancer Solstice also includes Chiron (healer) in Pisces trine Saturn (permission granter) in Scorpio, and a trine between Pallas (negotiator) in Virgo trine Pluto (transformer) in Capricorn. With Jupiter still in Cancer (and conjunct U.S. Sibly Mercury) and Mars in Libra (conjunct U.S. Sibly Saturn) there are new cycles afoot.

Jupiter is in the south bending of the nodes in the Solstice chart, suggesting a give-away (or giving up) of sorts and conjunct U.S. Mercury (data) in Cancer (family) might entail simplifying documentation for those seeking asylum in this country. The Solstice Mars conjunct the U.S. Saturn might initiate (Mars :) ) updating the laws (Saturn) regarding immigration. I’m heartened by my own words Len and that feels so good!

8. Bette Loreen says:

Thanks for this, Len. I ordinarily love the Solstice, as it occurs within a degree of my 12 hse. NN, & feels like a new beginning of sorts.

This year, however, it seems otherwise, as I’ve been trudging through several weeks of really difficult times, from vehicle breakdowns to ill cats (my beloved companions, about whom I’m terribly worried) – all of which has me feeling depleted emotionally & literally depleted financially.

I can only hope that when the Sun crosses my ascendant on July 6th, some brightness may return.

Happy Solstice to all.

9. miaferoleto says:

Great article Len. Thank you for this excellent information in regards to the solstice.

Richard Alan Miller has an interesting take on water that is most people are dehydrated from not enough of the right kind of water. He is an expert in agriculture, permaculture and lots of other things. Worth checking out. Like you, he is on the West Coast as well, I believe in Oregon.

I look forward to the Sun’s visit to Cancer and Jupiter moving into Leo!

Mia